If you're not outraged you're not paying attention.


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Confessing Her Shortcomings


So, I work second shift at a country club as a personal trainer/evening fitness manager. This means that I get home rather late, especially since I often ride a bicycle back and forth. Therefore, as a family we have arranged our schedule so that mornings are our main time together and the children are in bed before I get home.

This has, unfortunately, cut down on the number of times I get to come in the door to "I get first hug!" This is a shame as that particular argument between my children is VERY gratifying to the daddy ego. It is best for our sanity, though; a full night's sleep for the children and some mommy and daddy alone time go a long way to maintaining at least the semblance of a right mind.

My Darling Daughter, however, sleeps in the room closest to the front door and often hears me come in which brings her creeping from her bed for a quick hug that the boys miss out on. A couple of nights ago I told my daughter in a fondly exasperated tone, after yet another sneaky, late night hug, that the point of having her in bed before I get home was that she get to sleep at that time. She peered shyly up at me from under her long strands of hair and said, "Yeah, I'm not so good at that."

5 comments:

  1. It is the coolest thing to pull my car into the garage after a long day and to have Lorelei standing in the doorway with a giant grin on her face, waving and yelling "Hi Dada! Hi Dada!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I subscribed to your blog with Bloglines, so I will never miss a Wischism. I see you follow my blog; guess I should update it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luvkuku, I'm sporadic in my reading as well as my writing, so don't increase your posting frequency on my account. Besides, as much as I am often disappointed when my favorite blogs have nothing new I've always thought blogging should be a personal and convinient outlet not a stressor in which you wearily drag yourself to the keyboard to feed your readers' hunger.

    So, don't stress for me, milady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I misspelled 'convenient' in the one place where I can't seem to edit what I bloody wrote. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm annoyed thay dono't have a speelczecher. They used to but itwent away. I laways type in Werd so it'sll chek for me.

    ReplyDelete